Cold Climate Heat Pump Installations, Maintenance & Repairs
Keep your New York home comfortable year-round with an energy saving, environmentally
friendly cold climate heat pump. Cold climate heat pumps, also known as ductless mini-split
systems, provide a renewable energy option for your heating and air conditioning needs.
How Do Heat Pumps Work?
Cold climate heat pumps work by moving heat found around them. As Mitsubishi Electric
explains: “They move thermal energy between indoors and outdoors instead of generating it
from a combustible source. Using a refrigeration cycle, in winter, heat pumps draw heat from
the outdoor air and transfer it to the interior. In summer, they pull heat from the interior and
transfer it outdoors to keep buildings cooler.”* With this process, the need for fossil fuels is
eliminated, leaving you with a greener heating and cooling system and a greener home!
Incentives, Financing & Rebates
NYSERDA: In an effort to adopt clean energy throughout our state, NYSERDA (New York State
Energy Research & Development Authority) is offering money-saving incentives and special
financing to qualifying homeowners that make the change to greener home comfort with the
installation of a cold climate heat pump. Their specialized loan options provide finance options
for most New Yorkers, including those that cannot qualify for traditional financing.
CON EDISON: In addition to NYSERDA’s special financing, Con Edison is offering up to $12,000
in incentives for the installation of cold climate heat pumps and heat pump water heaters**:
- Geothermal Heat Pumps: The most efficient heating-and-cooling technology available.
Ideal for single family homes with lawn space. Most customers qualify for an average of
$12,000 in rebates.
- Central Air-Source Heat Pumps: Great for buildings with existing central-air-conditioner
systems that need to be replaced, or new construction projects. Get $5,000+ in rebates.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters: Ready to replace your water heater? Heat pump water
heaters are three times more efficient and can save you about $350 a year. Get $1,000
Contact our office to learn more about the current savings available through incentives, rebates
and special financing for cold climate heat pump installations: 914-631-6744
Heat Pump Benefits
Cold climate heat pumps have numerous benefits for New York residents, including:
- Energy savings – a cold climate pump can save up to 40% of the energy costs associated
with boilers and furnaces.
- Money saving – with the energy savings mentioned above comes a corresponding
savings on related utility bills.
- Clean heating – the use of a cold climate heat pump does away with the use of fossil
fuels, reducing your home’s carbon footprint and helping your family go greener.
- Safer heating – without the use of fossil fuels, the risk of carbon monoxide leaks and
potential CO2 poisoning is greatly reduced in your home.
- One unit provides heating and air conditioning – cold climate pumps provide heat AND
air conditioning for your home. You’ll pay to install just one system instead of 2 and will
only have to worry about the maintenance on that equipment.
- Easy installation/No ducts needed – with their ductless setup, cold climate heat pumps
are easily installed into any living space without the need for ductwork.
- Perfect for additions – if you are adding onto your home, a ductless heat pump is the
easiest way to provide comfort to your new space. You’ll avoid the headache of tying
into existing heating and cooling systems and the potential of bogging the operational
efficiency of your HVAC equipment down with additional rooms to keep warm or cold.
- Space saving – without the need for ductwork or large equipment inside of your home,
such as a furnace, you’ll save valuable space for other uses, such as storage.
- Zone heating and cooling – with the installation of up to 8 indoor air-handling units per
each outdoor unit, you can set up zone heating and cooling throughout your home,
allowing for customized comfort settings and increased savings on energy and utility
- Long lasting – heat pumps last longer than their traditional counterparts: furnaces,
boilers and central air conditioning systems.
Clover’s Heat Pump Services
Clover Heating & Cooling proudly offers professional installations, repairs and maintenance
services for cold climate heat pumps. Contact us today for fast service from cold climate pump
experts that are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee: 914-631-6744.
Wondering how your current HVAC system measures up against a cold climate heat pump? Click here to download a comprehensive comparison sheet from NYSERDA.